This online Privacy Statement for California residents (“Privacy Statement”) describes the privacy practices of Kovr, Inc. dba Kovr Insurance Services (“Kovr” “we,” “our” or “us”). This Privacy Statement explains the information we collect, why we collect it, how we use and share it and the choices you can make regarding your information.
SUMMARY OF OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
The following summarizes our Privacy Statement. Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We collect personal information about you in several ways and from several sources including:
• Directly when you buy a service or product from us. Information collected may include IP address, cookies, browsing history, and other device or internet information,
• Automatically when you interact with us online such as IP address, cookies, device information, and browser information, and
• From other parties to help us set up, manage, protect or service your account, such as consumer reporting agencies, service providers, marketing companies, and data providers.
Use of Your Personal Information. We use your information for many reasons, including to:
• Provide and maintain your account, services, and products,
• Perform analytics and research studies to improve, develop and protect our websites, mobile apps, services, and products,
• Let you know about updates or important information about your products,
• Provide marketing or advertising that might be of interest to you, and
• Protect our business, services, customers, websites or comply with legal requirements.
Sharing Your Personal Information. We do not sell your information. We do share your information with others for business purposes, including with:
• Companies that are involved in insurance or other business transactions,
• Authorized agents,
• Service providers,
• Online and other marketing and advertising partners,
• Third parties in connection with a business transaction, and
• Law enforcement, regulators, and other parties for legal reasons.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: When you visit our websites or mobile apps, view our emails, or interact with our advertising, we and our service providers automatically collect information about your use of and access to our website or mobile apps and the device used. We collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons, and similar technology. This information may be combined with personal information we collect directly and may be used to improve, enhance and personalize your experience, monitor and improve our websites and mobile apps and for other internal purposes.
Your Rights as a California Resident and Other Choices: As a California resident, you have certain rights including the right to access your personal information and the right to request deletion of your personal information.
You may also have the right to make other choices about the use or sharing of your information for marketing purposes and may have additional rights to view or correct your personal information.
FULL PRIVACY STATEMENT
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect personal and other information about you. Personal information is data that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked (directly or indirectly) with you. Other information does not and cannot reveal an individual’s identity such as information that has been de-identified or aggregated. The information we collect varies based on what products and services you have with us.
We collect information about you in several ways and from several sources. We collect personal information directly from you including when you sign up for services, buy a product from us, subscribe to a mailing list, set up an account with us, or during the quoting, registering, or application processes. We and service providers working on our behalf collect personal information from you when you use one of our websites, mobile apps, view our emails or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device (“Sites”) such as IP address, browsing history and other internet activity information. We also collect personal information about you from third parties such as consumer reporting agencies, service providers, marketing companies and data providers.
The following are the categories of personal information that we have collected and shared for at least the past 12 months, and examples of the personal information that fall into those categories:
Our website is not intended for children. We do not market any products or services to children under the age of thirteen or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal and other information for business purposes including:
• Provide and maintain your services and products. We may use your personal information to provide or maintain your service or products including to set up a service or provide a product, maintain your account, service your policy, change your policy, complete a transaction, or respond to customer service requests or other inquiries. We may also collect information about other parties from you to carry out necessary services and/or requests, including adding another driver to your existing policy. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
• Improve, develop and analyze our sites, services, and products. We use your personal information and other information to:
o analyze, improve, develop or deliver our Sites, products and services and develop new services, products or features using algorithms, analytics software and other similar methods,
o conduct actuarial or research studies to maintain, protect and develop our networks, services, and products and protect our customers,
o analyze how visitors use our Sites to improve the Sites and enhance and personalize your experience.
We collect some information used for these purposes using analytics software, cookies and other tracking technologies.
• Communicate with you about your service or product. We may communicate with you about your product or service, account or policy, provide you transaction confirmations, payment alerts, or other service or product-related messages via mail, email or other available methods such as push notifications.
• Provide marketing communications. We may use your personal information to send you promotional communications about products, services, features, and options we believe may be of interest to you. We may send communications via e-mail, regular mail or may send push notifications via a mobile device. Push notification preferences are controlled in your device. We may also use your information to serve you ads or customized content online.
• Comply with legal requirements and protect the safety and security of our business, services, and sites. We may use your personal information to comply with laws, regulations or other legal obligations, to assist in an investigation, to protect and defend our rights and property or the rights of third parties or enforce terms and conditions. We may also use your personal information to prevent suspected fraud, threats to our network or other illegal activities, prevent misuse or for any other reason permitted by law. We may use your personal information to protect our company, our affiliates, our customers, our network and our Sites.
• Update or correct our records. We may receive personal information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine that personal information with other personal information we have about you to update our records.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information. We may share your personal information with our affiliates for business purposes consistent with the uses described in this Privacy Statement. We may also share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing. We strive to work with companies that share our commitment to privacy. We may also share information with others in an aggregated or de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you.
We may also share your personal or other information with service providers and other third parties for business purposes or as required or permitted by law including with:
• Companies involved in insurance and other business transactions: We share your personal information with insurance companies that play a role in an insurance transaction with you. We may also share your personal information to participate in insurance support organizations.
• Authorized agents or brokers: Kovr may operate through agents and brokers who sell services and products on behalf of certain insurance and other companies. We may share your personal information with those agents or brokers to provide you with the services you have requested. They may use your personal information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement.
• Service providers: Personal information may be shared with service providers who perform services on our behalf for a business purpose including service providers that:
o help complete transactions, handle a claim or service your policy,
o engage in credit reporting or payment processing,
o provide marketing and advertising, email or other communication services,
o provide services that support our online activities including providing tracking technologies, web hosting and analytics,
o provide tax and accounting, legal services, delivery, and data enhancement services,
o provide technology services and enhance security, privacy, and fraud protections,
o provide data analytics services or conduct research or actuarial studies, and
o provide support to our operations.
• Marketing and advertising partners: We may share personal and other information with third-party online marketing and advertising partners or permit these partners to collect information from you directly on our Sites to personalize online advertising. We may share personal information with other financial institutions or other companies with whom we have a joint marketing agreement.
• Third parties in connection with a business transaction: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale of any or all of our company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by an affiliate or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
• Law enforcement, regulators, and other parties for legal reasons: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties, as required by law or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe such action is necessary to:
o comply with the law and the reasonable requests of regulators, law enforcement or other public authorities,
o protect our or others safety, rights or property, and
o investigate fraud or to protect the security or integrity of our Sites or any product or services.
We may share the following categories of personal information with the following parties:
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Technologies and Information Collected: When you visit our Sites, we and our service providers automatically collect information about your use and access of these Sites. We collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons (also called pixel tags), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). Information we collect automatically about you may be combined with other personal information we collect directly. The information collected in this manner includes:
• The website from where you accessed the Site, where you went to when you left the Site, how frequently you visit the Sites, when and whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, pages you visit on our Sites, the links you click and ads you view, or your location when you access our Sites,
• Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account (including, e.g., a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other similar information,
• Analytics information collected by us or via third party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics and behaviors of our users, and
• How often you use a mobile app, from where the app was downloaded, events that occur within the app, aggregated usage, and performance data.
Use of the information: We or our service providers may use the information collected through tracking technologies to improve, enhance and personalize your customer experience, to monitor and improve our Sites and for other internal purposes such as:
• Remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Sites,
• Provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising,
• Identify and contact you across multiple devices,
• Provide and monitor the effectiveness of our sites,
• Perform analytics and detect usage patterns on our sites,
• Diagnose or fix technology problems,
• Detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, and
• Otherwise to plan for and enhance our sites.
Your choices regarding cookies: If you prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to change your browser settings to disable existing cookies, automatically request cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie. However, if you disable, modify, or reject cookies, some parts or functionalities of our Site may be inaccessible or not function properly. For example, disabling cookies may require you to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services.
Opting out of online personalized advertising and do not track. We work with third parties to provide marketing content on our website. We or our advertising service providers may use information about your activities on our Sites, to help tailor our advertisements or offers to what may be of interest to you – also called interest-based advertising. The information is gathered using the tracking technologies explained above. Some browsers have a ”do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser ”do not track” signals, but we do provide you the option to opt-out of interest-based advertising.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
California residents have certain rights to access and delete their personal information described in this section, as well as other rights described below.
To better protect you and your personal information, we will only respond to access or deletion requests that we have been able to properly verify through our authentication processes. To verify your identity, you will be asked to provide several pieces of personal information, which we will only use to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
To submit an access or deletion request, please contact us at:
Attn: Privacy Manager
120 E. 8th Street, Suite 609
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Responses to a verified request may take up to 45 calendar days, or longer depending on the nature of the request. If additional time is needed, we will notify you of the additional time. We may only respond to two access requests within a 12-month period.
A California resident may use an authorized agent to submit a right to know request or a request to delete. If you are an agent submitting a request, please send an email to us at email@example.com with the following information: your contact information, identify the type of request, the name of the consumer you are submitting the request on behalf of along with either a) a letter signed by the consumer authorizing you as the agent to submit a CCPA request on the consumer’s behalf, or (b) a valid power of attorney issued pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465. We may contact the consumer to verify your authority and/or to authenticate the consumer. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the appropriate California resident to act on their behalf.
Right to Access Your Personal Information: You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information about our collection, disclosure and use of your personal information over the past twelve months including:
• the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you,
• the categories of personal information collected,
• the categories of sources from which personal information was collected,
• the business purpose for collecting the personal information, and
• the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request we delete personal information we collected. We will delete your personal information in response to a verifiable request unless needed to:
• Complete a transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you,
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities,
• Debug products to identify or repair errors that impair functionality,
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law,
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us,
• Comply with a legal obligation, or
• Otherwise use your persona information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Non-Discrimination Rights: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your California privacy rights.
Other Rights Under California Law
California Residents: Right to Opt-Out of Information Sharing: In the state of California, you have the right to restrict the sharing of some personal and financial information with outside companies that we do business with. Your decision to opt-out does not prohibit the sharing of information necessary for us to follow the law, as permitted by law, or to give you the best service on your accounts with us. This includes sending you information about other products or services.
To opt-out, follow one of the below options:
• Call us toll-free at 888 929-5687
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to opt-out. Please include the following information in your email:
o Full Name
o Account or Policy Numbers
Email Marketing: To opt-out from receiving marketing and promotional emails, please email us at email@example.com or contact us at the following address:
Attn: Marking Manager
120 E. 8th Street, Suite 609
Los Angeles, CA 90014
If you opt-out from receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails such as emails about your products or services, responses to your requests and inquiries, or notices of updates to terms and conditions or our privacy practices.
SOCIAL MEDIA, LINKS AND EXTERNAL SITES
Links to other company’s websites may be provided on the Kovr Sites as a convenience to you. If you choose to go to these external websites, you will be subject to the privacy practices of those external websites; Kovr is not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site to read the privacy policies or statements of every Website you visit, as those privacy policies or statements may differ from ours. Our Privacy Statement applies solely to the Sites where this Privacy Statement appears.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We use a combination of reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. However, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” So, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
We limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs. We comply with all applicable federal and state data security laws.
If you should have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may periodically update or revise this Privacy Statement. The date below shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. We will let you know when we update the Privacy Statement by changing the date or other appropriate means.
EFFECTIVE: April 1, 2021