KOVR recommends you contact your insurance carrier directly to report the accident as soon as possible. Involve your KOVR agent if you need assistance. Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Which covered vehicle was involved.
- Who was driving.
- Location and time of the accident.
- A basic description of the accident and the severity of the damage.
- The name and insurance information of the other driver.
- Names and contact information of others involved in the accident and witnesses.
- Review your insurance coverage with the insurance company. Discuss your deductible that is on the policy. Review the rental reimbursement coverage on your policy. Understand the daily dollar amount for rental and how many days the coverage will be provided. Also, review the towing and labor coverage and make sure you are reimbursed for the towing of your damaged vehicle if it is not drivable.